7.19.2010

Family vaca











To Duluth we go!
We made our trek up to Duluth Friday morning...

after a stop at The Burr's ~my godparents & great family friends~

a quick stretch & some fresh lemonade & cookies we were back on the road

Breck was a wonderful travelor! Slept, Slept, ate, Slept! Making the trip a sucess with a three month baby!

We arrived in Duluth, checked in, then off to Old Chicago for pizza supper & to say hi to my brother who was bartending that night! We stuffed our faces w the most delicious pizza
My fav Tai Pie ...mmm a must have!

Malibu

Double Deckaroni & Meat Me.........yes pizza overload, but worth it every calorie!

We ended the evening sitting on the balcony overlooking Superior...I LOVE IT UP THERE!

Saturday: Early rise to get ready for the Air Show

another recommendation...a must see!

The UNITED STATES AIR FORCE THUNDERBIRDS will headline the Duluth Airshow, as they return to Minnesota for the first time since 2006. Tora Tora Tora will also be making their first ever visit to Minnesota as we honor all of America's vetrans and celebrate "Generations" of veterans who have served our great country.

We saw the US Thunderbirds

Tora, Tora, Tora

F-16

USAF F-15 Strike Eagle Demonstration

DAV B-25 & many more

and if your like me you have no idea what that means, but they were pretty amazing to watch.

After the show & a long day in the sun & car waiting to leave ;)

we went back to the waterpark hotel to cool off in the pool! I think us adults had more fun then the kiddo's

wish i had pictures of us going down the waterslides!
A fun fun weekend.

with good family

and good food. Now I must diet...must fit in bridesmaid dress in 3 weeks!

1 comment:

  1. Hannah -- I don't know if you know this, but my husband and I met working at Old Chicago (he was a cook, I was a server). When anyone would order a Thai Pie pizza, Dustin would yell "THAI PIE!!!" super loud -- you could hear it from the back of the restaurant! Not sure why he did this, but it was hilarious! Glad to hear you like that pizza. :) If they still make the Taos pizza, you should try that too -- it was my favorite (black bean sauce, green chiles, tomatoes, chicken, maybe red pepper? I can't remember all the ingredients). Glad you had a good time in Duluth -- I miss it, as well as Old Chicago!

    ReplyDelete