2.24.2011

How to...

Make homemade baby food.
ONLY reason I'm posting this is because I have made my own food for Breck since day 1
and everyone thinks I'm an:
over achiever
have to much time on my hands
to much....and on..and on...
but HONESTLY
I only do it because it's SO stinkin' cheap to do
and SO stinkin' easy!
{i'll show you so you can- a). try it for yourself b). prove that I'm not that awesome :) ha}
Buy a bag of frozen or fresh fruit & veggies
{i've done both}
Steam them!
I use the Pampered Cheif Steamer
{I microwave with water for five minutes then drain}
Put cooked veggies in blender
{my blender has a puree button. You might have to add a bit of water with veggies, not so much with fruits}

Pour into ice cube trays
{usuallya 16 oz. bag of veggies fill up a tray...
I also made banana's this morning and i used about 4 banana's to fill a tray}
1 cube is 1 oz. of food
Freeze then I store them in two containers
{one for fruit one for veggies}
Take cubes out and defrost/warm on low for 40 seconds
Serve n' eat!

FILL UP THIER TUMMIES :)

TAH daH!

4 comments:

  1. Agreed! I have made Cory's food since day 1 too... SOOO stinking easy and I am a full time student, work, and have a baby and if I can do it, and you can do it, then anyone can do it! Cory won't eat it anymore though, she has to feed herself so I just modified it, I'll bake the sweet potatoes and cut them into finger foods!

    Breck is adorable as always.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you both! I've done it with all 4 of my kids (do i really have 4?!)... My method are quite similar...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yup. I also made the baby food for Ethan, too! And I have some great step 2-3 baby food recipes like chicken stew, homemade chicken stock, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kim I want them!
    Email me or post on here?!!!
    hannahrbarrick@hotmail.com!
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete