3.17.2011

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Facebook status:  celebrating St. Patty's Day with my little leprechaun!!
And it's true!
He's  been a little under the weather for the last couple days, but woke up this morning with a smile on his face meaning he's feeling much better. We don't want to push our LUCK and over do it since we have plans to visit friends for a thirty'th birthday party this weekend, so today we are going to have a fun day at home baking, decorating, and waiting for the kids to get off the bus!
To their surprise we will have decorated with green balloons!  and for snack grasshopper pudding! {Check out my cooking blog later for details on this yummy easy dessert} Tonight we have dinner plans at my parents house.  St. Patrick's Day is a big day on my mom's side of the family {Lundon's 100% Irish} with years of traditional get-to-gather to celebrate...this year: a no go :(  pretty bummed out, but will still celebrate at mom and dad's with cabbage & Reuben sandwiches. I'm not 100% convinced or thrilled about this meal, but I will try it and if I'm not feeling it dad said he would make me a grilled cheese sandwich ha!  I'm bringing my famous strawberry cake {will post this later too on my cooking site}  After dinner I am going out with some girl friends for a little green beer to top off the night! 
This morning Jerod came out wearing an orange shirt.
I said "really"
He said "i don't have time to change"
I said "oh alright"
He came back out with a green sweater on! ha ha!
I had problems this a.m trying to find something green for mr. b to wear...either to big. to small. or not green. hmmmmmmm. we'll see what I can put together {would hate for him to get pinched}

Happy St. Patrick's Day!


the boys enjoying our snack!
 
our "grasshopper st.patty's day snack"
mini bowl is Brecks!


Kids finding the Oreo surprise!
 



The kids making green milk {Ellery} water{Calvin}
Ellery says "his is so much greener then mine"
I remind her that hers is mixed with white {milk} and his is mixed with clear {water}
Oh what fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment