11.07.2011

wonderfully boring weekend :)

This weekend was deer opening so of course Jerod was all about it.
AGAIN, I hoped and prayed that he would & wouldn't shoot a deer...
would: so he would be so he could gloat
wouldn't: so we didn't have a freezer full of meat I wouldn't be eating :)

He returned home with nothing.
But hopes to try again next weekend...ohjoy!

We spend the weekend...
being lazy & loving every moment of it!
We ordered pizza, took naps, went to the park, ate at Swan's for the Gage Driver Benefit,
watched the Twilight movies to re-catch up for next Friday's BIG event of the fourth movie!
IT WAS A GLORIOUS WEEKEND.

Sunday I needed a small break from being "mom" and went to Albertville & Buffalo for some girls shopping day at the outlet mall & antique stores..
let's just say...I SCORED big time!
I got this bench, and two other cute pieces to go along with it
{will show them later...they are in hiding from the husband}
It's more of a joke, but I pull out pieces one at a time.
When he asks "where did that come from"
I say "oh we have had that for awhile" lol....don't tell me YOU have never done that :)

Monday came WAY to fast....but we all survived.
With daylight saving Breck can barely make it till 6:30p.m and nearly falls asleep eating supper!
Today I had a dentist appointment...
and to be honest, it's been awhile since I've gone in and I was nervous as all heck.
As I waited I looked at this magazine "Taste of Home" (and took a picture of it so I would remember so I could go online and get some recipes) There were some yummy looking meals in there and I am ALWAYS looking for a new meal idea!
After my hour check up, x rays, cleaning, I came out with clean teeth & NO cavities! Go me!

Tonight I made Homemade Chicken Pot Pie for dinner.
I thought it was mmm.mmm.mm
Jerod just gave it a mmm.
and Breck gave it a MMMM.MMM.MM
Here's the recipe: Easy Peasy
Two pie crusts
1 can of cream of potato
1 can of cream of chicken
2 chicken breast:cut and fried up
1 bag of fresh/frozen veggies {steam them}
1 cup of milk

Lay out one pie crust in pie pan
Add: soups, chicken, veggies, milk
Pour on pie crust
Lay another pie crust on top
Bake 375 45-50 minutes
{place tin foil on the edges for the first 40minutes so it doesn't burn}

I made my own pie crusts too: VERY EASY
2 cups flour
2 TB sugar
1tsp salt
2 sticks of cold butter
1 egg yolk
1/4 c water
Mix: flour, sugar, salt, butter
cut with knives till lumpy mixture
Mix: yolk, water
Add to mixture:
Roll into two balls
Fridge for 1hour
Roll out to make pie crust!

No comments:

Post a Comment