2.18.2013

Freeeezing fun.


Today, Monday, is Presidents Day.
So I had the day off and added a few extra to my clan as well.
 
We decided that we would do something outdoors to wear off the energy of two rambunctious boys that have a love, love, hate relationship like cousin "brothers" do!
 
We made our way out to Darwin Hill for some sledding,
something my dad used to do with all winter long as kids!
 
It was fun'ish..minus
a). it was windy as heck and the higher we trotted up the hill the worst it felt.
b). I do NOT remember the hill being so big and getting so winded walking up it
(or the reality of..I'm getting old and have way less energy. No wonder my dad took us there every Saturday afternoon?!
c). who in their right mind brings a two year old to Darwin hill?  "Carry me mom!" Um, sorry honey, but I can't carry myself so there is no way I can carry an extra 25 pounds!
Mom and her Eskimo boy.
 
Eskimo "brothers"
 
We also met my dad and Ellery out there so Miss E could have her first cross country skiing experience!  She was a pro and off they went.
 
 
 
And the whole troop!
Fun day with Grandpa Tom.
Lucky us 
 
By the end Breck made his way to the car.
He enjoyed the warmth and his sucker!
He sat in there giggling at us as though he was saying
"you Dumbo's out in the cold"

No comments:

Post a Comment