5.19.2014

Rainy day Monday

Today is my official first day of summer break... And it has been raining all day. Bummer. 

I set a goal of walking five days a week around the lake for thirty days to be healthier.  I was so pimped to start today but woke up to gloomy skies.  I decided I must try so out we went granola bar and juice for boy, nuk and bottle for gal. Instead of the lake we went around the neighborhood trying so hard to get a couple miles in before the rain....1.5 then the storm began to brew. Better then nothing I suppose! 

So we get home and Breck asks of we can bake.an this kid has my heart! I love baking and can not say no! So we whipped up a half a batch (because I know I will eat them all and doing a half will limit my intake) of oatmeal chocolate chip cookies. Yummo.  Here is my helper... He "redressed" himself in his to small Star Wars shirt, long unders, and life jacket!
And while I ran down to the freezer he took some photos for me apparently :)

Lundons new favorite...frozen yogurt in her food feeder!
And... Our mess :)
Later I brought the box in from our newestber of the family "my double jogger" (so excited to get healthy this summer...fingers crossed and prayers needed for motivation)
Breck played in this box for hours, cutting, coloring, and taping his "rocket ship". I was excited to have him ask me how to spell my name.  I said "m" and he says no this letter and draws a H! Then I tell him the other  letters and spells out Hannah! When did this happen... My boy growing up. Exciting and sad.

2 comments:

  1. Walking around the lake! I LOVE doing that. And I'm so lucky to have a lake in town that is also about 4 miles. The boys and I have been going around it several times a week every spring/summer/fall since we moved back to MN. I LOVE it and they love it too!!! YOu can do it and you'll feel so much better to get out and get moving doing something. Then Breck will start riding his bike while you walk/run and then he'll start asking to run around it (like Adler now does)!! haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. p.s. but now you made me want to set out some butter to make oatmeal choc chip cookies! those are also our favorite. I now add pecans to them too and love them even more!

    ReplyDelete