2.17.2010

Update 27 weeks along!

Into the 3rd & final Trimester!!
Less then 3 months away!!
Wow...how fast time has gone.

Doctors appointment yesterday ~I'll update you in a moment, but first~
So TWO days ago Jerod & I got ready for my apt.
drank my lovely orange glucoes drink
~ not so yummy, took all my might to get it down & keep it down~
Anxiously walked into our apt....to find out,
We were a day early! We must have been REALLY excited!
Luckly they were able to draw my blood for the diabetes test so I wouldn't
have to re-drink the syrupy mixture & said they would see us tommorow!
Gosh did I feel like a complete nugget, especially since everyone in the clinic
seemed to know I was a DAY EARLY...lab tech reminded me I was early...hmm really!?!
I blame it on baby brains ~ they said this would happen~ The other day I put
something away, needed to find it about 10 min. later and could not find it
for the life of me! wow...and it only gets better!?!
A friend of mine wrote "didn't you know the babies eat brians" and another
friend & myself found this quite ammusing :)


Anywho...on to the REAL apt yesterday! And unfortunatly Jerod couldn't make it.
I think he was quite dissappointed, but I told him after this next apt we would be
going to the doctor every 2 weeks till the end...so no worries...what a sweet man.

And here is the update:
Diabetes test came back negative-meaning no problems
well one slight problem, I need more iron
Hannah + meat = Ugggg. but i will try, for baby.

Belly measuring more like 28/29 weeks..so a little large!
but us Smith kids were ALL big babies, so I expect nothing but a chubby baby
with rubber bands around his kankles and wrists!

Weight gain this apt was a whopping 5.5 lbs! yah!
Doctor was happy with this, who would have thunk you would rewarded and praised
by eating more + gaining more!!
Total weight gain 8lbs! Yes I know it doesn't seem like much, but I bet this last 12 weeks
I'm sure I will be packing on the lb's so no worries!

Loves = Many


  • DQ is finally open..Cravin my medium chocolate cone even on a cold wintery blustery day

  • The kicks all the time, especially when Jerod starts talking! The bests that I can get him kicking most of the time when I want him too..at first Jerod thought I was bugging him and should leave him alone...now he won't leave him & ME alone!! lol

  • Sleep, yes I can finally ALMOST sleep through the night. Just the occassional sip of water/run to the bathroom! But no more aches or pains. And everytime I'm up for that three minutes, baby seems to be too :) ~ maybe not a good sign for whats to come~

Things to do before the arrival ~which seems to be sneakin' up~

  • Finish the babies room...take pictures...post pictures!

  • Decide on taking birthing classes: doctor HIGHLY recommended them at this last apt but we are thinking nahhhhhhh. lets just go with the flow!
  • Get supplies, feel very overwhelmed with this one...but have been told to hold off till my shower being planned...love you guys.
  • Decide on a name...it's between THREE...Jerod would say FOUR, but no Brick is NOT an option, has never been an option, and will never be an option...he just doesn't know it yet!

The NOT so beautiful

  • My face turns purple when I bend over to put on my boots! or sweeping...Oh Jerod! You may have to become Mr. mom for awhile here.
  • I can't eat like I would like to because there is no room...I fill up to quick!

  • My first and only Braxton Hicks scare. I know it's minor to what's to come, but still for a first timer...it freaked me out a little.
  • And my first and hopefully only major leg cramps in the middle of the night in both legs, wow, those feel amazing :) Besides that, ALL IS WELL!

Again...all worth it!

2 comments:

  1. So. I realized in my non-slumber stage of pregnancy sleep last night that I was at your house and DIDNT EVEN see your baby's room! What is wrong with me?! I'm coming over today. (probably not, this large marge feels like going out never)... BUT... I was very disappointed last night. And. Decided that a 4am text to tell you of my disappointments could wait.

    Cute updates! Measuring early? What if you go in early and I go in late... we could take turns pushing! Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a nice big healthy baby in there! I was always measuring 1-2 weeks early so not a big deal. So glad that you are able to sleep more, you'll need it!

    ReplyDelete