8.16.2010

Vaca from vaca.


This is my VERY tired baby after a long weekend
of traveling & playing at the cabin.

We had a wonderful trip up to Park Rapids.
The car ride (3 hours) up (3.5 hours home..Jerod left his phone
at the cabin & we had to turn around to get it! This is after he
asked me if I had MY phone right before we left..figures)
Breck traveled great..not as good as he used to, but still...
I give him all the credit because I hate traveling too. Jerod & I
started off in the front seat, me excited to chit chat and catch up
on things since we seem to be SO BUSY lately with life. But both
ways up we ended up jumping over the seat to sit with little man to
a. keep him company (he just loves attention like his momma)
b. throw his nuk back in
but I did realize that I may be slightly over my car sicknesses! Yah, me!

Arriving at the cabin at 9:30pm made for a little out of wack little man.
He is used to going to bed at 9 for the night and since he slept in the car...
he wanted to play! We played, he went to bed, only to wake up all night
made for an early "vacation" day :) That's pretty much how the whole
weekend went! He wasn't on his usual schedule, but he was still a
VERY very good boy. He LOVED all the new friends he met and loved
playing with the kids/or the kids playing with him! This also helped mom
and dad get some fun free time!

Free time: Well when it WASN"T storming out or windy as all getup (25% of the time)
We sat on the tubes in the lake, went on a pontoon ride (cut short by big black clouds
rolling in), sat on the beach, bean bags, grilling, and some water volleyball
(cut short by a mishap..someone lost their wedding band...lets just not talk about it)
We spent much time searching for that ring...even pulled out a metal detector
(who has one just laying around..oh yah right Pete ha!) Never found it,
but now there is buried treasure on the bottom of Eagle Lake and a story to tell.
When it was raining we sat inside playing games..new fav. Farkle or "Bamboozle"
or our old fav. What If... Good times, many laughs!

Lets not forget about the food, oh the food! We all chose to make a supper meal
and let me tell you, I ate better then ever. Thank God I was in a wedding the weekend
before...or my dress would have popped!
BTW i need some of those recipes!
We had pork chops/cheesy potatoes
Kabobs with fresh peppers, onions, tomatoes/sweet corn
Chicken fajitas/sweet corn
and the famous last meal...Egg bake!

Wonderful weekend, but missed MANY people this year!
Next year must be a MUST be there weekend.
Now, a vacation from vacation!

No comments:

Post a Comment