8.11.2010

Up at the Lake

reminiscing on old picture from the cabin...don't even ask what happened
it was good ole' fun!

first off.
I have a cold..poor me, right!
I hate summer colds
they are the worse, but on med's & slowly feeling like myself.

Now. Packing for our much needed annual summer vaca
up to Park Rapids cabin with friends!
this is the first year with a little one and let me tell you one thing...
1. i feel as though i am forgetting everything (just as long as i don't forget baby)
2. i feel as we are packed for a month vacation rather then three days
3. i need a nap already & may need a vaca from our vaca
4. our car has ALREADY outgrown us (and i want three more kids & refuse a mini van..hmm)

Its been a busy morning preparing while still having children running around
but also helpful in many ways.
Miss Elle & Mr Cal have helped me with Breck...feeding, burping, playing
while i have been baking/cooking for special treats for up at the cabin...
but I may have overdone it..to myself..
things were flying everywhere, timers beeping, food burning uggggghhhhha!
but the end results:
fresh baked banana chocolate chip muffins for the morning
(they contain banana so they must be good for you!)
Chicken salad sandwiches...a reoccurring recipe
&
Puff corn/Carmel corn
(first timer on this, may have burned it a bit, but still yum)
So.
Now waiting for my main man to get home
pack the car & off we go!
Happy weekend all.
I will be lounging in the lake!
w/ a cold one in hand!
Sure going to miss the BIG group this year...maybe next year.

!

No comments:

Post a Comment