5.26.2011

the begining of splendid summer off..

today was the first day of my summer vaca from work till August 29th
and if everyday is this wonderful
it's going to be a good summer!

Breck & I slept in till 9:15 a.m {shhh don't tell dad..he gets jealous}
then we slowly got ready for the day
enjoyed breakfast together without the rush, then some Mickey Mouse Clubhouse & Ellen

The sun was shining so we walked around town to run errands...
being able to do this reminds me why I love being back in my hometown, small town atmosphere
and I wouldn't change it for the world!

We walked up to my office, which is also my mom's office building
yup, we work in the same building, same floor, and guess what...I love it!
I'm going to miss lunch dates at her house at noon for the summer, but I bet she'll miss it more!


Breck rode the elevator for the first time without being in his stroller
you should have seen his face when we started moving!

Then we walked up to the bank to deposit some cha-ching
G'pa Tom immediately takes "Brecker" and shows him off
and Breck immediately starts flirting: flashing dimples and big smile!

Then we visited our friends on the way home for our much needed nap!
I sat outside on our new patio furniture and read in the sun: current book
Heart of the Matter by Emily Giffin
author of Something Borrowed {currently made into a movie I must see} Something Blue, Baby Proof, and Love the One Your With
All wonderful books I recommend reading!


If everyday was like this day...I'm in heaven!


Lately Breck has been sooooo funny {I need to find my camera to tape him to show you all}
He smells flowers {with a big sniff} then opens his mouth and says {ahhhhhhh}


I've also back to baking & cooking in which LOVE to do
here is my latest YUM.
Rhubarb dessert: given to me by a co-worker/friend Tracey
Absolutely to die for!
1 package of yellow cake mix {make as directed on box}
pour into greased baking pan
add
4 Cups rhubarb
1 Cup sugar
1 pint of half/half
Bake on 350 for 1 hour
Cool. Cover. Place in Fridge.
Add Cool Whip and eat!

No comments:

Post a Comment