5.26.2011

Small town..

if you live in small town such as I do...
you know your limited on places to shop unless you get the chance to shop out of town:
but that means,
dragging your little ones along making you feel bad they have to suffer through the shopping in which I myself dread these days {not as fun as it used to be, not sure if it's not finding what I want, not finding something that will fit, or not wanting to spend my whole pay check...I guess I would rather pay the mortgage!},
or leaving them home with your hubby or a sitter which also makes me feel bad...sometimes!
So...
I just want to let my fellow small townies where I have found some bargain
because I know I like to be tipped off of hot shopping spots, good deals, or good products!

Green Hill
Yes, it's kind of hit or miss
but if you check weekly your bound to find one thing to jump up in down for!
I also was looking for sandals for Breck for the summer and my sister swears by Keens {in which she has found a couple pairs at GH for the kids...and I saw a pair there last week: Youth Girls pink size 3-4?}
Well since I wasn't willing to pay 40.00 for a pair that he will grow out of to quick I went looking for some.
All the way to Hutchinson ...really it's not that far, but I had to bring Breck and took up my whole morning to find NOTHING :( or nothing I was willing to pay 25.00 for.
So I stopped at the grocery store when we got back to town to get milk and thought I would swing by GH to peek....
I found three pairs of leather sandals for Breck
all his size
all in great condition
all for 3.89 a piece.
So I bought these:
Stride rites {online they are 39.00 shoes}
Yah me.


Then, within a week
we lost one! I thought he kicked it off on one of our walks like he had done with his army sneaker on our walk around the lake {Ellery and my mom found it the next day while cruising around in the convertible}
I was so bummed.
I told Ellery and Calvin if they searched the house and found it, I would give them a dollar!
They searched high and low...it was gone! BUMMER!

So back to GH to get our second pair of sandals of the summer within' the same week!
Elefanten {online 49.00 shoes}
leather...lucky me!


Then, Calvin comes running in the house three days later with
THE LOST SHOE!
and his first comment "where's my dollar"
he had earned it, well kind of,
he found it in his backpack!!!
They hang up their backpacks by the shoe basket and I'm pretty sure I threw Breck's sandals down there one day and one landed in the basket while the other in his backpack!

Oh well, now we have two pairs of sandals for the summer
all for under 10.00
and super cute if I don't say so myself!

Another must have,
and I'm only saying this because most of the time you have to have a Yankee Candle to get the wonderful smell to fill your house but,
I found this candle at Walmart
for 4.98
mine is watermelon and my house smells delicious!
it also comes in lime,pina coloda and lavender


YOUR WELCOME ;)
xoxo Small Town Shopper: keeping it local :)

2 comments:

  1. Funny! I also have to put in a plug for DeAnn's... whenever I need a unique gift (fast!) I swing by DeAnne's.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE your blogs Hannah! I want to go there so bad, it's a MUST when I come to visit you! Also, I'm going to Walmart now. For the candle. Thank you! Shhhhh, don't tell Ryan!

    ReplyDelete