12.25.2012

Our Merry Little Christmas!

 This year Christmas was like no other.
It was SO wonderful,
one I will never forget.
I'm not 100% sure why this one stuck out as the "best Christmas"
 
Maybe it was because we spend a couple days before the big day with my family celebrating "Smith style":
Lots of good food
Lots of family...so much that we all crammed in my parents house and had to find places to sleep for the night. (I got the lovely floor on the bumpy rug)
Kids, kids, and more kids opening gifts and full of energy
Lots of laughs like always.
AND of course lots of annoying awesome gifts for Breck: a microphone and guitar, Stompeez, anteater bug catching vacuum, and candy land to name a few! ohh geez, love my family.
 
On Christmas Eve Jerod, Breck, and I had our first Christmas Eve as a little family.
We napped, went to church, came home and ate supper, opened gifts, then watched a Christmas movie just before setting out cookies for Mr. Clause.
We truly enjoyed watching Breck open gifts this year!
That face...
as he opened each gift!
This is him giving us a "thumbs up" in approval of his new remote control car!
Even I was excited, along with Breck, as I received my new laptop, something I have wanted and needed for awhile now.  It was "suppose" to be from Santa, but after Jerod opened his gift from me and he felt bad that I only got a new set of glasses (which I wanted also, and we needed).
I got Jerod ice fishing bibs and a jacket. What was I thinking...I wont' be seeing much of this guy for the rest of the winter ;)
Now I can blog and it will be normal looking again!

That Santa Clause..he's the best.
And one of my favorite gifts..
tangrams!
Remember these as kids...I do, and thought it was a fun gift for me Breck!
 
Breck woke up early and was ready to see if Santa had ate his cookies and drank his milk!
He was so excited to see crumbs on the plate and even helped Santa finish them off.
 
He must have been a good boy because he was happy with his new DVD player for the car.
and insisted on watching some Scooby Doo.
He later came back to his stocking to find more surprises!
Color wonder markers and a Toy Story notepad!
Honestly these things are the BEST!
worth the money...even though they are a bit spendy
Then Santa's BIG gift...something he's was VERY proud of giving to Breck ever since he received a kitchen set a year ago ;)
A tool bench!
After almost two hours of dad putting it together,
the boy was ready to "fik" stuff!
Breck was busy playing with all his new stuff while Jerod and I prepared lunch for the Barrick side afternoon Christmas delight!
We all ate way to much,
laid on the floor with full belly's watching A Christmas Story,
Opened gifts, which included hockey stuff for Breck (of course), money for his savings, and fun new books to read!
Another awesome year with family.
 
Since everyone has left, I decided to post my first blog on my fancy notebook...
JUST to try to stay awake a few more hours.
I've asked Jerod 1,000 times if it's to early to call it a night!!
 
Hope you all had a wonderful Christmas filled with LOVE and FAMILY!
 


 

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment