2.08.2013

Me and my boy weekend...

Last weekend Jerod left for for days for a fishing trip with his buddies.  I though "yeah, it will be fun. I'll hang with my boy, then hang with my gf's in the evening with a glass of wine"!
Until I realized,
everyone was busy, gone, or sick. booo. 
So it was a Breck and mom weekend...which was PERFECT!

We baked.
Giant monster cookies with Valentines M&M's to donate for a bake sale
and a couple extra to eat :)

We made our favorite suppers including vegetable pizza, one of mine and Breck's favorites (Jerod, not so much).
We took a trip to Jo Ann Fabric for some "pinterest supplies"
and a quick dinner date with Mr. B.
We played all weekend,
and when he napped or went to bed I crafted!
I finished putting making/putting up my Valentines banner.
Made another apothecary jar for sweet treats!
(I only had dull black paint unlike the shiny one I made previously...prefer the shiny, but oh well)
Made  a large apothecary jar as cookie jar out of a pickle jar...
but haven't been able to use it yet as it stinks to bad of pickles.
(any suggestions to get the smell out?)
And finally bagged up my cookies in cute Valentines packs for the bake sale for the Community Built Playground: Play for the Park event.  Kids came and jumped on inflatables houses! 
It. Was. Fabulous. 
Including the great nap after :)

After the long weekend without Jerod,
we were very happy to have him home and
realized how much work it is not having him here to hang out with us!
Although, it was nice just having some me and my boy time too.
I got all the snuggles, kisses, and attention.

Now were back to dad this, dad that. He's a super hero you know;)

No comments:

Post a Comment